Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

I won at poker yay m

I won at poker, yay me

02-09-05

Well today wasn't an out standing day by any means.

I was dragging my ass all day, didn't/couldn't get out of bed or seem to want to do anything.

Steph made dinner (all by herself) and it was quite good for someone who goes around saying they can't cook.  I think she has been lying to me.

She dragged me to her friend krusy's house where we were entertained by their 14 month old.

This kid is a genius.  He is running around, saying a few words, knows his body parts, and the coolest part- he is potty training himself.

He is so adorable.  I could steal him.

Once he went to bed we played poker.

I have yet to figure out why it is so cool now.  I remember 10-15 years ago when I wanted to play no one wanted to.

We taught Steph how to play Texas hold-em and I ended up wining it all with a flush.

Then we played euchre.  I had K as my partner and lost the first game horribly.  The whole time K complained about wanting a new partner.

We started the second game and a few hands into it Aden woke up and kept us all entertained while K and I won the second game.  It was about 12:30 ant T had to be up early for work so we left.

We dropped by A&P to pick up some groceries for the long weekend and made it home without incident.  

I had a salad while we watched some TV and now Steph is sleeping beside me while I write at 2:45 in the morning.

I'm going to call sunny on Monday.  I hope I get her since I don't know her schedule.

I'm afraid with her NYC accent I won't understand a thing she says but I have no doubt it will be fun.

I'm also going to try amber yet again.  I am very bad at calling people.  I just never seem to do it for some reason.

I often wonder what my life would be like if I just picked up and moved to France like I wanted to back in March months ago.

I still can't believe my mom just lent put my SUV without asking me if it was ok.

If I ever confront her on it I know what she is going to say as well.  She will try to spin it to make me out to be the bad and inconsiderate person.

I'm so excited for dinner tomorrow night.  Tacos.  I can’t wait only one sleep.

It is amazing how planning to cook meals is cheaper, and I am kicking myself for not buying those cheap chicken breasts the other night.  Of course they were expiring in a few days but if you freeze them they keep for months.  They were about 1.50 $ breast.  Damn good deal.  I've gotten them before and they were great.

I'm craving Jack's wings.

The annual wing ding (regional chicken wing contest) is in the next week but sadly I don't have the money to go this month.  

I can't wait until Steph gets a job.  We have this great savings plan set up and figure we will save 6,000 $ a year hands down.  

That means a vacation a year if we are frugal with out money and don't have to dip into the trip fund.

This month we would have saved 800 $ alone.

Steph agrees that it is a good way to save so I can't wait to start.

Our plan is to both pay the bills, and that way whatever our bills are (condo fees, electric, gas, cable, phone) is our saving money as well.

We're going to put it into a special high interest account and isn't easy to access our money.

It won't be like that every month, and we've talked about other nontrip reasons for withdrawing the money.

I'm excited because this time next year we could be on our first or even second with the trip fund.

Someone (I forget who) told me that it was a dumb idea but had no real argument as to how.

I hope Steph gets this job at TCH and not for the money; I want her to be out doing something with her life that she enjoys doing.

She has become very lazy, restless, unmotivated, and stagnant the past few months because she has done nothing.

She has even stopped really exercising and I think the weight/inch gain the last month upset her, hopefully enough to start exercising regularly again.

Everyone asks when we're getting married.  I keep telling them “when people stop asking”.  

The Mormons said the other night that if we get baptized that we would either have to get married first or live in separate houses so that we aren’t living in sin and having premarital sex.  I'm not sure how living apart would solve that problem.

I should call my cousin heather one of these days.  She's going to school for PSW.  It seems that is what everyone I know is taking these days.

LOL Steph is snoring.  I should have taped it.

Well it is 3:30 am and time for bed for me; I'm going to post this when I get up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?