Thursday, September 01, 2005

 

I hate computers and

I hate computers and the problems they cause

27-08-05 9:21 pm

I despise computers and the internet.  Neither one seems to work very well for me.

I was downloading an interview from www.infowars.com so I would have something to listen to tonight while I was away when my net just stopped working.

I tried the usual things that I do when it happens and none of them worked.

I even broke my computer apart and reassembled it in the basement so that I could plug my computer directly into the net.  Again with no luck.

I hulled its ass back upstairs and reassembled it again and tried some desperation tricks.  At some points it would not even connect to the router.

Then I created a new network and that didn't solve the problem so I have decided to format the computer and if it doesn't work after that I'm calling my ISP.

I almost got the keyboard for my palm pilot the other day.  I wish I had it right now but most of the time I'm righting in bed or in a place the keyboard would be useless.

I've been listening to Great Big Sea all day.  They are/were my favorite group.  The pretty much sold out (as it seem all great Canadian groups do) the past two albums which coincided with them trying to break into the US market.  I don't blame them they want the fame and money just like everyone else.

Fuck its taking hours to back up my computer.  I should just keep my documents on my D drive.

I had chicken wings for dinner.  Not the ones from JFS but from the polish food place.

I realized that if I whore a pair of medical gloves that my finger would be kept clean, well it worked brilliantly and made cleaning up so easy.

I got rained on going to buy pop tonight.  I actually would have made it, had it not been for some rather bad policies of a certain major video rental company.

I wanted to buy two DVDs and a ps2 game.  Well I had forgotten my membership card, and that meant that to complete the transaction I had to show picture ID with my name, address, and signature.  

I produced my passport (I love using it because it creates a debate).

They told me that my passport is unacceptable because the address is written in by the owner of the passport, not typed in by the issuer.

I pointed out that it is an official Canadian document photo ID, and the most accepted form of ID in the world.

The still said no.

I had them confirm that I am in their system along with my girlfriend, and that all the info I gave them matched on their computer and my passport.  They said yes.  

I was still refused and told that they would hold them while I went and got another form of ID.  

I told them not to bother because I was going to (insert main competitor here) and buy them from there even if they cost more and all because of a moronic rule the will loose hundreds of dollars in business from me, and countless more from people I tell.  I walked out.  

Looking back as I left the crowd that gathered seemed a little awe struck.  I herd a few comments through out the whole ordeal to just sell me the items, and a few hinting I was being an ass

I ran into one of Steph's friends and got their new address and phone number.  We're invited over to their place any time we want to play poker.

Steph stood unto her parents and told her mom why she doesn't go down to visit them as often as they want us too.

Her moms reply was that she does in fact like me and that her dad was raised a certain way and that’s why he is like he is.  

When they are apart they are great people.  When they are together they are miserable to be around.

Steph was a little annoyed at the fact that a letter her dad said he would mail last week was still at their house.  It is very relevant to her ongoing legal dispute.  When she asked to have it sent she made that clear to her father.

It is 11:38 pm now and I am about to start the formatting of the computer.  While it takes me months to install everything I need, lets see how long it will take me to install it to a functioning working computer.  The list to install is in no order:
  1. Windows xp

  2. sound

  3. wireless network

  4. printer

  5. palm desktop

  6. documents to go (so I can post the entry)

  7. ms office

  8. quicken

  9. pocket quicken

  10. copy all my documents back to the C drive

  11. digital camera software

  12. antivirus software

  13. all xp updates

  14. ipodder

  15. adobe acrobat

That is the basics not including games, things like codex, chat programs, and misc ones I don't use often.

----------------------------------------------------
Installation Timeline

27-08-05
11:48  pm - started the formatting.

28-08-05
12:11 am - start installing xp
12:24 am - went to eat (still                        installing)
01:01 am - back from eating.  At blue first time running xp screen
01:05 am - xp installed, setting up desktop/settings
01:20 am - start installing wireless network
03:06 am - tried to install wireless network, did nor work so I took the computer apart and moved it downstairs so I could plug it directly into the modem.  Still doesn’t work.  Am going to bed and I'm going to call tech support when I get up if it is still not working.
-----------------------------------------------------

Steph's brother is going to get a class ring for graduating grade nine.

Steph’s nose is out of joint a little because he wanted one when she graduated high school and she didn't get one.

This hasn't been my weekend.  I got rained on, massively scratched by gizmo, my computer is on vacation, and I’m alone.

How nice it was of Steph to take off for the weekend when she knew I was sick and not feeling well.

I can't blame her though, I've been a winy asshole the last day or so.

I just haven't been feeling right lately.  Just kind of out sorts.  I can't really explain it.  

I guess I'm going to try and get some sleep.

I found out tonight that I can't write diary entries while I'm on my exercise bike, at least not very easily.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?