Monday, August 15, 2005

 

Why I haven't written in a while

Monday July 15 2005 3:20 am

Last week some time I sliced off a finger tip and typing has been next to impossible.

It has yet to heal to anywhere near typing ability and I can not two finger type.

Not that a lot has been going on in my life.

Before I defingertiped my finger (on my left hand - the one between my pinky and fuck finger) I was away at my relatives PCPBM cottage over night.

It was a great time. Drank way too much, but had a great time both with my aunts and uncles and my cousins. I think I may have successfully broken through the age barrier.

Oh, as of a few days ago I became a step uncle. KDB had their baby. Just a few weeks before the head back home (they both teach in the Dominican Republic).

I think that is all the really exciting news. I have a close to state of the art voice dictation software, and I have no idea why I haven't installed it yet.

My poor finger tip. I was cutting a rather dry sausage with a brand new knife. I didn't even know I had cut myself until I felt and saw the blood.

Steph the PSW was no help, and pretty much sat in the floor going white and looked like she was the injured one going through shock.

Thankfully I can keep my head in a crisis and managed to first aid myself perfectly.

Of course after the bleeding stopped I took off the dressing and realized immediately my mistake (and went against my training as well) as the finger again started to pour blood.

It has now been sealed in a bandage which yet has come off due to the fact that it is part of the rather large scab that now encompasses my finger tip.

It was our three year anniversary on Saturday. Steph cooked dinner all by her self.

We both had vegetables in a cheese sauce and a baked potato, I had a chicken cordon blue, and Steph made herself a chicken brest stuffed with spinach. She always tells me she can't cook.

I found an exercise bike and will hopefully get it this week.

I am seeing my doctor on Wednesday, and going to request no medication at this time and see how six months of serious exercise and proper eating habits affect my blood sugar and cholesterol levels.

Helen gets married this week and I feel sorry for her at this point.

She is marring some one she doesn't like (never mind love), who treats her with no love or respect. She is getting married because she wants a family and that is the only reason. I want to object at her wedding so badly. I could talk for over an hour on why they should not be married.

I think that is all that is going on right now, or at least all I'm going to write about as it is nearly 4 am and I am actually feeling tired (not really but I need to sleep some time).
This is one time I am glad I can tap entries out on my PDA, even the keyboard would not help with this one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?