Friday, August 05, 2005

 

I can’t believe my ears sometimes

In a few hours I head back to the clinic to get some blood work done. Hopefully the sugar and cholesterol levels are fairly normal. Of course I know I need to exercise more and stop eating pizza so I doubt they will be.

I buried Athena the degu yesterday in my front garden. She is under the plant on the far right at the back. It is right next to the globe cedar. Hopefully the plant survives. I’m not very good at gardening (hence all the perennials).

It was another scorcher yesterday at 42 C or 114 F.

My mom again baffles me. Yesterday she was nice enough to take me to pick up frozen foods on her way home from work in a torrential down pour. Then she starts talking to me about how I owe her money and I should pay her now because her cash flow is bad this month due to a down payment on a new house.

She tells me she knows this month is going to be tight with two weddings and other functions to attend, and then tells me that I have to pay her. She doesn’t ask, she tells me.

She told me that we should settle up this Friday, to which I replied I agreed to do it when the bill comes. She retreated a little bit, and wined about not having much money. I told her that I know the bill was 196.00 USD and I’ll pay her 200 $ now and the rest of the exchange rate when the bill comes. She agreed to that.

Then I suggested that we should go to Jacks Fillin station again sometime and she tells me “when you save up your money”

She can be incredibly rude to me sometimes and I don’t thinks he realizes it. She always calls me greedy and self centered (who isn’t at some point) but seems to think that she isn’t. It’s just really frustrating particularly when I catch her in a lie, she changes her story, and I call her on it and she tries to dig herself out of it. And she wonders where I got that from.

I’m not sure how I feel about going away this weekend. It is one of those things that as soon as I get there I’ll have fun. I never enjoy the journey, I like the end results. I just dread it being 40 C and having no air condition at night.

The Mormons are coming today and I have prepared a few questions. They are never going to convert me. But I figure I can help them with their job as missionaries at least. After all they are nice people. I really like their views on family, but the rest of it is the same as any other religion or cult.

I am so hungry. I have to fast and have been since about 6:30 last night. I fell asleep and didn’t get up until about 5 so I can’t eat. When I come home I’m having pizza, unless I can talk someone in to going to Jacks Fillin Station for some wings. I bet that they would murder my body given I have had no food now for 11 hours, and by the time I eat closer to 15.

Oh time to go make a urine sample.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?