Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

Finally some progress and it looks good

Finally some progress and it looks good

24-08-05 9:58 pm

Well the first thing I want to write about is this ongoing harassment by a collection agency.

Steph talked to a paralegal this morning briefly, to go over the case, and then we got organized for the visit.

I think that we partially scored with the paralegal.  He used to be a fraud investigator for the government.

Within the first 20 minutes or so he was very confused as there was no paper trail that made sense.  

During the time he was here the collection agent called twice.

After exhausting every possible angle and obviously missing something we decided to call the collection agent to get his side of the story and send documents that can help tie our documents together and to the claim.

We were shocked that the collections agent would talk to the paralegal but he did.

After telling the collection agent who he was, the collection agent tried to play mind games, and throw the paralegal off his game.

As I had said (based on previous experience) the collections agent would not cooperate, and he didn't.

Then the collection agent wanted to talk to Steph again and tried the tricks he just tried on the paralegal but Steph didn't bite.

We laughed and joked and talked about the upcoming plan of attack, and the letter that we are going to be sending to the collection agent.

Since the collection agent has refused to cooperate, and if he refuses to after receiving the letter the basically it becomes harassment and action will be taken against him personally, and possibly the company as well.

I loved talking with the paralegal because I could feed off him and learn thongs that despite knowing I just overlooked them.  They all play in our favour as well.

I fell confident that we don't have to pay, and if they want to take us to court at this point the case may get tossed because we have made every effort to figure out why we have to pay this bill.  Really who pays a bill they get with out understanding where the bill came from?

We are going to start recording his conversations, or not talk to him if he refuses.

Well there isn't really much else on my mind.

I get my exercise bike on Friday, and Steph and I have decided that since we can't decide where to go this weekend (my best friends 30th birthday surprise party or Steph's family party, or a friends jack and Jill) we have decided not to go anywhere.

I know that is somewhat childish.

Oh yay my band aid just came off.  It only took about two weeks.  Now I can see how gross my finger is.  I should post a picture of it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?