Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

Surprised me tonight

I have to say that my mom surprised me tonight. A total 180 degree turn from what I was expecting.

She was gracious, entertaining, talkative, as was Doug and we had a great time. They weren’t even miffed that we went to Jacks Fillin Station. Doug even pointed out that he really liked the name.

I finally after almost a year got to try the best chicken wings in the region (won the contest 5 years in a row and going for their 6th this year in September).

I knew going in that I would have to sign a waver to get the “stupid” sauce as they call it. The head chef came out and tried to talk me out of it, and warned me about the possible side effects, and how some people have reacted to it in the past. I have to say that the guy (who’s name I forget now) was hilarious, funny, personable, and defiantly worth going back just to see him. Just before he left he told Steph that if we’re a couple we should be sleeping in separate rooms tonight, and wished her good luck with me and went away laughing.

The wings came and I tired the first two and I heard the guy in the background saying give it a few minutes. Sure enough a few minutes later sure enough there was the start of a slight heating and burning feeling. Then nothing. They reached their potential heat level and well I was disappointed again. THEY WERE THE BEST WINGS I HAVE EVER HAD but the hot sauce wasn’t quite up to what I though it would be. I was disappointed in the heat aspect but not the taste. All in all I know why they are the best wings in the region, and plan on going there many many more times.

There are some pictures of me before, during, and after my wing expedition that I’ll post as soon as I install my camera.

I didn’t get much sleep today, a mere 2 hours so I’m exhausted. I went to bed about 10 am and from about 12:30 on the phone seemed to ring every couple of minutes. It was so annoying, and mostly telemarketers too who can’t even pronounce my name right.

After dinner we were dropped off at Dr. H’s and shortly there after went in. Steph feels better after one visit compared to the multiple times with DM and not achieving anything.

We took a taxi home and got the best cabbie ever. He played music that everyone liked, and talked like a friend, not someone just making small talk.

All in all it was a good day.

I was going to cremate Athena but it cost l00 $ which is ridiculously expensive for a pocket pet so I’m just going to burry her tomorrow and plant a flower on her grave so I know where she is.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?