Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

Kitchen renovations day 100 + pic of moi

Before I begin my entry I have to talk about the kitchen renovations, simply because it baffles me how people can’t seem to get very simple things right.

I’ll start off with the knobs that were totally wrong on the original shipment over 3 months ago. Well they are wrong again. They are all the right kind, but 2 short; thankfully not a major problem just frustration.

The replacement drawer is 3 inches too long which may or may not be the problem as I’m not sure if it is the drawer that needs replacing or the face plate on the current drawer (I think that is what is warped, I suggested that and told I was wrong. It is a gut feeling so chances are I’m right. An interesting test of my instincts)

The replacement face plate for the one that was wrong (how can you ship something with 3 of the 4 drawers matching in the first place? Talk about bad quality control) is still wrong. The new one I got is identical to the one I have now.

Thankfully the cupboard that goes above the fridge is the right colour, but I am unsure about the size and will find that out tomorrow.

So to recap. I have waited 2 months for a shipment of replacement parts to finish the kitchen and at least 3 of the 4 are wrong and the 4th one can not be verified yet.

To top it off I still have no word as to when the trim and crown moulding is coming so the wait is still indefinite.

The only ray of good news is that the blind seems to fit, and I haven’t fully unwrapped it but the colour seems right as well. I do have a mild fear that it will be a few millimetres too big. I’ll find out on (I think) Thursday when they come and install it.

I’m calling the kitchen lady tomorrow and not sure I’m going to bring up litigation at this point, but I’m sure before the kitchen is done that may end up happening over the unnecessary damage done to my wall by the electrician.

Today was quite the day. I ended up going to bed at about 8 am for an hour of sleep. Then it was time to get ready to go to the Mormon Church.

I have to admit I was a bit astonished that when I showed up pretty much everyone knew Steph’s and I’s names. During the service this one guy (He was a head missionary or something like that, I can’t remember) started talking about how the Christian church is primarily founded on pagan traditions, and customs.

It amazed me that something I have been saying for years was being said in a church. For a moment it made me forget that this was an organized religion.

I talked with him after and he knows my uncle who is a Mormon and is going to be having dinner and staying over night at his house in September.

Then we went to investigate it further and sat in on a few classes and that’s when I came back to reality. They were trying to tell me that the profit has total control, speaks on god’s behalf, and will never steer the church wrong so we should blindly follow him.

That brought back all the red flags and bad feelings I had been having. I can not believe that you have to have a go between, between god and yourself. That one point is a deal breaker. There are a few other things that so far have yet to be explained but I refuse to put my spiritual well being in the hands of someone other than myself.

We got home much later than I wanted to, or though we would. Nearly gone for 4 hours.

Ate, and then I took a nap while Steph stayed up.

She woke me up at one point, feeling all weird and thinking she was having a heart attack. I pointed out that it was probably an anxiety or panic attack, got her to do deep breathing and in about 15 minutes or so she started feeling better.

We got up and had sandwiches, and watched some MASH, and then I was cornered and not wanting to let me get up I took a nap. I woke up to Steph being weirder than ever, and now I’m here writing this.

It has been a strange day today. Steph isn’t tired and it’s nearly 2 am. She is going to have so much trouble adjusting to a normal schedule on Tuesday if she keeps this up.

I get the feeling that she doesn’t really trust me, even thoughts he says she does. She says she knows I will give her the best advice possible but whenever she asks me, she never ever takes it.

Here the picture of me I promised after finishing the chicken wings the other night. I never realized what a messy eater I was until I saw this picture. I laughed my ass off.


Comments:
Hello Bloggers

How do I get rid of stachybotrys?
It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don't fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?