Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

Horrifically bad day

The last 2 days have been not the best of my life to say the least.

It started off with over an hour at a lab to get some blood work done. They wouldn’t let me go home until I pissed in a cup. Yet I had to fast for 8 hours (it ended up being about 10) and with nothing to eat or drink in that time I have no idea how they expect you to pee in a cup on demand.

I had the most incompetent lab tec ever. She stabbed me 3 times and dug around under my skin looking for blood, and said that I was being uncooperative because I wasn’t staying still. I have one bruise on my left arm that is about an inch long and ½ an inch wide. It took her 4 tries to draw blood.

Today was bad from the start however. I got my shortwave so I could listen to a program during the day without being glued to my computer, well guess what. I can’t get it clearly at all, of course the repeat that is on at 10 pm to 1 am I can get clearly. Damn it.

As I was waiting for the show to come on I was writing my thoughts down on the recent London bombing and needed to spell a word so I called my mom to ask. I was too lazy to look it up. I was then promptly accused of being a terrorist and working with al-CIAda.

The back splash got put in and it is about the only thing that went right.

So while I was listening to my show with one ear phone (my mic has only one earphone and despite saying they were supposed to be working my speakers weren’t) Steph came home, and from the moment she walked in the door she was nothing but negative, winy, and being annoying and rude.

About 3 hours after she came home I told her we had to put the vent for the stove back up before we go to bed. She decided to do it so I tried to get her to help. This is where the day just fell apart.

She couldn’t get the screws in so she said she would hold it while I was screwing them in. So I would line up the holes and ask her to hold it while I got a screw. Well every time I let go it dropped just enough that I couldn’t find a hole anymore. She literally started crying about it being so heavy and yelling in my ear to hurry up. I showed her how to hold it so it wouldn’t move and explained calmly that if she could hold it remotely still I could get the screw in and she could let go. Well after another 10 attempts or so on the second screw and with her wining and screaming in my ear to hurry up (and not paying attention to holding it still) I blew it.

I ripped the range vent off, kicked a few boxes, threw the screws and screw driver, and smashed my berky light. Maddingly one of the filters broke and it will be 4-6 weeks with no filtered water. I tossed my golf clubs and a few other things and cursed and said a bunch of stuff about how she has brought my standard of living down and told her to pack up and get out.

Just then the kitchen lady came to go through the kitchen and as I walked through the kitchen I saw flames coming out of the vent that was sitting on the stove top. Where Steph had been bending over one of the elements were on.

We were seriously inches away from a huge fire, but I managed to put it out. By the time I had done that the kitchen lady was gone, and my new cook top was ruined with baked on chemicals from the towel that was on the cook top to protect it.

She then cried and wined again about how she is stupid and it’s all her fault, I really am only about 90 % sure that she’s the one who accidentally turned on the element. After trying to clean the cooktop we tired to put the vent hood up again.

This time I held it, (like the plan was the first time) and she was to screw in the screws. Well it only slipped once when I held it, properly the way I had shown her before. She managed to get the two screws in and we couldn’t get the other 2 in without a power tool.

I couldn’t find my drill so dejected I went to lay down. Steph wouldn’t let me rest in peace. She was wining and asking me the same questions over and over again, and not listening to my answers which were, I don’t know I need time to think. Finally (and thankfully) she let me have a nap. I was so exhausted from getting 3 hours of crappy sleep and emotionally drained.

After about a 5 hour nap I got up and tried to call mom2some and she wasn’t home, dejected I went downstairs to find out Steph had bought me pop, hotdogs (not enough buns for them all) and was babysitting Helen’s kid.

It turned out that Helen was supposed to be here to pick up her son at 10 and at 12 she still wasn’t here, nor had she called to say she was late. Finally Steph called her, and Helens excuse was that her finance was to blame.

I fail to see how she couldn’t have called and said she was going to be late but that’s me.

Helen showed up to pick up her child about 12:45 am. She took her 6 month old home and said she would be back today to pay Steph. Steph said that Helen apologized over and over for not calling.

Steph agrees with me that she isn’t going to look after Helens baby again. Helen is just too irresponsible. Steph thinks that Helen has gone through many babysitters doing the same thing. Saying she’ll be home, and showing up hours later without calling or letting anyone know, not realizing how big of an inconvince it is to the person looking after him.

Steph went to bed and I decided to work on my family tree. While I was doing so the computer restarted itself and when I reloaded my family tree the file was totally corrupted and wouldn’t even open so I had lost all the work I had done, and all the work Steph had done.

I started to redo it from the information I have and it restarted again, and what I had just done was lost again.

The third time it worked fine and I have what I had before give or take a little bit, I still have hours of adding pictures and stuff that I had done just before I lost it all the first time. Steph was asleep so she doesn’t know yet.

Oh yea, I also got a shipment and one item was left out, of course being sure I had ordered it I went and checked my order and it wasn’t listed. I am still sure I ordered it as I have been for 4 months now regularly; however the shipping manifest had it left off, and it wasn’t in the package.

Other small things have gone wrong but I don’t want to dwell anymore right now. Back to redoing my family tree.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?