Tuesday, June 14, 2005

 

Where I've been

I have been away for a while because I was depressed and just not feeling up to writing.

I spent quite a few days in bed, and doing nothing at all.

Then Steph talked me into running in a marathon in October.

I saw this as a chance to get back into shape. It has turned out to have just the opposite effect.

The first two days of training weren't great. I got massive shin splints after about 2.2 km (or 1.5 miles).

The big problem came on the third day when my right knee became excruciatingly painful, started giving out, and even locking a few times.

As it stands right now I gingerly and with extreme caution maneuver the stairs and any other situation that requires any flexing.

Needless to say the training and marathon are off for me. I go back to the doctors on July 6th to learn more.

I have had chronic knee problems ever since I was a child.

With the humidity reeking havoc on my arthritic fingers and elbows I'm guessing that at least part of my knee troubles is arthritis. It has also been suggested ligament damage, and I personally suspect something wrong with me cartilage.

I can feel my knee joint slipping apart, popping, and when navigating stairs the feeling of my knee joint going to break in two.

Thankfully I have not collapsed in over 24 hours now. The actual grinding, popping, feeling of it dislocating, and sharp dull pain every time I try to move it has gotten worse.

So that has been my last week in a nut shell.

I have also gotten my new Personal Video Recorder and I love it. The write up on it is true. It really is now TV on my terms.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?