Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

Stopped work on the kitchen for who knows how long

My frustrations abound, not for the workmanship, or I don’t like the kitchen. It is because for at least the next month they are finished.

More screw ups logistically which means until the rest of the stuff arrives there is nothing that can be done to finish construction.

Not only can whoever ships from the cabinet supplier not count knobs, but they can not tell the difference between toe kick and light rail. Even I can tell and I’m fairly stupid when it comes to this sort of stuff.

So with not enough toe kick over head of the cabinets can not be finished, which means the recycle range hood can not be finished (it recycles the air and blows it back out the top as opposed to vents outside).

It turns out that the last box I got was not the cabinet like I was told. It was part of my desk. Thankfully they didn’t start to do my desk earlier because it wasn’t all here despite what I was told.

With out the cabinet that goes over the fridge they can not (obviously) install the cabinet, nor can they do all the trim, mouldings, and finishing touches.

That is really all that is left in the construction aspect of it (I think). Oh yea they still have to change that one blank plate from white to almond.

The guy is coming to measure for the backsplash on the 22nd and I still haven’t fully decided how I’m going to actually do it, or where I’m actually going to backsplash.

I think I’m just going to do the back wall and not worry about the sides where the counter tops are. I know I’m not doing behind the desk. I’m still not sure about doing the back wall of the microwave counter. I have to have that final decision tomorrow.

Hopefully my mom does come and pick up her tree today so that between her and Steph I get some good opinions on what would look best, and be most functional.

I know you wanted to see it. So here is a picture of my new desk. Oh yea about the desk. The top left drawer is wrong so that has to be replaced. Just another one of those minor annoyances that has plagued this project.







Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?