Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

The letter and the reply

Kitchen update day # 38 - Well I sent the letter yesterday and it is as follows. You will see a huge difference between the draft and the one I actually sent. Mostly grammatical changes. I got a call from the kitchen lady today and she told me she was passed the letter from boss man and the complaints have been noted in the system and they will send someone out after the floor is done on the 10th of June.

So I guess it is going to get done. I stupidly never gave them a time limit to get it done which means I know this bull shit is going to drag out at this point indefinably doing nothing but pissing me off more and more every day.

The kitchen lady seemed rather rattled and unsure of what really was going on. I’m surprised they didn’t jump but however I cut the most powerfully parts out of the letter on my mother’s suggestion. Ever since I faxed it I have been feeling that was a huge mistake on my part.

I gave the power and leverage to them. I lost my bargaining chip because I never played it and I’m fairly sure now it is too late until another month or two goes by.

That means two more months of stewing over the holes in my wall, the microwave blowing the circuit about 4 times out of every 10 times I use it (I’d guess in days every other day)

I know my mother loves me but she always seems to give me rather bad advice when it comes to my personal life, as if subconsciously she is trying to sabotage it or something as opposed to supporting me.

I knew the advice she was giving me wouldn’t achieve what I wanted yet I listened to it anyway so I guess it’s really my fault.

Anyhow, here is the fax I sent:

Monday, May 30, 2005

Dear boss man;

I am writing to inform you of the list of items; which the electrician contracted by you, to work on my house has yet to be completed. The work was supposed to be finished 37 days ago. This does not include the damage to my property which has yet to be fixed.

I spoke with the kitchen lady on Tuesday May 24, 2005 and have yet to hear back. I am therefore bringing my complaints and expected resolution to you.

Here is the list:

A previous electrical outlet that did work prior to the start of the recent electrical upgrades now does not; which is located next to the pantry.
There is a hole in my dining room wall which was cut unnecessarily. This was unneeded damage. The damage to my dining room wall was supposed to be fixed two weeks ago by placing a cover over it. That was done improperly and I was told it would be replaced by now. As of this point I am requesting that the hole be patched, and the wall painted to match the rest of the dining room.
The microwave trips the circuit breaker nearly 40 % of the time and this is unacceptable. I was told that this problem would be fixed by now and this has not been done.
The electrical socket the microwave plugs into is in an unsatisfactory place for multiple reasons. After speaking to a fire investigator and I was told if a fire were to break out there is no safe way to turn off the microwave. I was also not asked where I wished to have the socket placed; it is not where I want it. Just because that is the “most common” place is not an excuse for not being asked, and locating it where the customer wants.
The microwave shelf has a hole in it, which if I wish to use it for anything else makes it unacceptable to do so. This is more unnecessary damage to my property because I was never consulted as to where I wished the outlet placed. I would like the microwave cabinet replaced.
The light switch which was to be removed (and instead was moved to my front hallway wall causing more unnecessary damage to my property) is still in my front hall wall. This is to be removed and the hole plastered over.
During the most recent visit by the electrician, he chipped my ceramic cook top by placing a removed door and other items on the ceramic cook top. While it is not a serious chip, damage was done.
The remotes for the fan have yet to be installed into the walls as requested multiple times.
I do not trust the work done by the electrician (as so far the work has proven substandard) and request an independent electrician to check the work after it is done and certify in writing that the work is up to standards and if not, repaired to proper standards.

I expect all of this work done for free as the electrician caused these problems, and I was never consulted or talked to at any time in regards to any of these issues.

The acts of these electricians reflect on yourself and the company as a whole. I suggest that you make a very strong case to whoever chooses subcontractors never to deal with this particular company again. Otherwise they will totally destroy the reputation of the store, cost you clients, and/or the store to undergo uncalled for lawsuits which would cost the store money.

Thank you for your help to resolve these issues.


Axalotal

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?