Monday, June 20, 2005

 

I can’t sleep, thought I’d ramble about my life

Here I lay in bed, listening to my natural concentration CD and thinking about life.

My best friend from grade nine popped by today. He came to see his father (he is buried near my house).

I had been thinking of him quite a lot and just kept (like everyone else) putting off calling him.

Seeing him was weird. I even dare say we've grown apart. Who knows. I could tell that he wasn't all there mentally. His fathers death pretty much destroyed him.

I have a feeling that they are not going to have the kitchen finished tomorrow.

When the guy called he made no mention of doing the desk, toe kicks, trim, or any other number of finishing touches. At least they are doing something.

J pointed out something. I am closer than ever to a driving range (and it's a very good one), yet I haven't hit golf balls in over two years. Neither has he. I don't have an excuse to be hitting a couple times a week. It is close enough I could even walk.

I think I'm ready to go back to work as it were. I was just embarking on a very promising acting career and put it on hold now perhaps longer than I should've.

I never wanted to do it for money or fame. I enjoy being someone else. I see acting, not so much as a job, more an escape from my own reality.

Jay was giving me shit about never wanting to leave my house.

I don't. I have no idea why that is. I've always been that way. There are minor exceptions of course; there always are.

I need to take dance lessons and get back in shape.

I think that turning 30 in les than a month is a good excuse to eat healthier, get more exercise, take better care of myself, and just all around be more active.

I've been thinking of courses, and classes I can take (besides performance ones) that would look good on my resume.

I have always wanted to learn Kung-Fu and Aikido, but there are no places within a 20 min drive that teach them. I'm going to check again just to make sure though.

My knee is bothering me greatly. It feels like every time I try and straighten it, the knee cap (or the joint underneath) pops painfully in and/or out of place.

At least I can walk relatively decently, and I'm not falling over any more.

If I'm going to keep writing entries in bed, I should get the keyboard for my palm. I also want to set up a wi-fi network so I can surf the net and stuff for times like this when it is 2:16 am, and I can't sleep but I don't want to get out of bed.

The past two weeks has seen me gain over 10 pounds. I am really not that happy with myself about that.

It was a combination of being very immobile, eating junk, and skipping meals. Starting Monday (fuck I just realized it is today) it is back to my diet, and once I go back to see the doctors, some sort of low impact exercise.

Hitting golf balls is more exercise than it looks.

I remember one summer I played golf about every other week at least, and over a thee (or four) month period lost nearly 30 pounds. I played without a cart.

I just have problems exercising for exercising sake. I always have. Now if there is a specific reason or event to train for I have no problem.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?