Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

Does bad spelling mean you’re stupid?

Okay I have to ask the question… If you can’t spell does that mean you’re stupid?
I left a comment on this blog and made a few spelling mistakes. After which there have been about 4 comments on how because I can’t spell in the language that is my mother tongue I’m “lame” and then other people (all to chicken to leave their names) got into it. I can’t help but laugh, however I have to wonder about the question.

I have (last time I was tested) a 130 IQ (not that that translates into anything in the real world) and am graded in the top 2 % in communication ability. Mind you I am in the bottom 5 % in mathematical ability. Yep I have a major learning disability.

It has to do with the fact I can’t learn by visual input. That’s why it takes me so long to read books and I usually don’t finish them. I get frustrated because I can’t remember what happened a page ago, never mind since the last time I picked it up.

If you view (you don’t need to click that link if you are reading this on my blog) my blog you can see pictures of my 105 year old log cabin. It is just so much easier to post there even though I don’t get all the notes that I love to get. It’s a trade off I don’t like to make but I’m lazy and despise HTML no matter how simple technology makes it.

So if you can please help with your comments on my question and enjoy the pictures. Feel free to leave me notes about the pictures either on my OD or blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?